How do I download podcasts?

How do I download podcasts?

Postby chillymidnight » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Help! I've been trying to do the following for ages and can't see how to do it:

I want to download programmes so that I can play them via my android phone (Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570) in the car but I can't seem to do this.

A friend told me he finds it easier to download programmes onto his pc first, then tranfers them to his mobile. Is this right? If so, how do you do it?

Does 'download a podcast' - as they are always saying on Radion 4- mean I can download certain programmes like images or documents from the internet or does it only mean that if I want a programme, the only way I can hear it is via BBC iplayer kind of live from the internet? Hope this makes sense.
chillymidnight

Re: How do I download podcasts?

Postby matt » Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Chilly,
Podcasts are often the best bits from a programme.

You can download podcasts from http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts and then move them onto your Samsung Galaxy.
matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I download podcasts?

Postby iancol » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:40 am

Hi,

I'm a very regular user of podcasts, downloading on to my PC for playing on my MP3 player whilst out and about. That is, I was a regular user.

My PC died over the weekend and I'm having to use my laptop. The problem with this is that when I try to download a programme, it plays it instead.

I can't find any information on how I can alter settings to overcome this. Please assist. My PC ran Windows XP SP3, the laptop runs Windows 7 and is up to date.

Thanks,

Ian
iancol

Return to On a Computer