The Day of The Triffids"

Problems using the boards? Need to ask a question? Ask here!

If you need to send us an email, the address is support@catchupsupport.co.uk

The Day of The Triffids"

Postby robinpatrick » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Could someone pleas tell me if "The Day of The Triffids" is going to be available on BBC iPlayer; or if it is going to be shown on any other BBC channel soon ???????
Much appreciated. thankyou. robinpatrick.
robinpatrick

Re: The Day of The Triffids"

Postby matt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi robinpatrick,
Neither of the episodes are currently due to be available on iPlayer.

As far as I can tell there are no plans at the moment for this to be broadcast on any of the BBC channels apart from BBC HD. Episode 2 will be broadcast on BBC HD next Sunday.

If other broadcasts are scheduled, this page should tell you when and what channel these will be broadcast on.
matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby robinpatrick » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Thankyou for your quick reply. I find it a real shame that you don't plan on having it on iPlayer or repeating it as it was one of the best programmes shown for a long time and deserved to be on mainstream t.v. as not everybody has an HD set up. i beg you to change your minds. Thankyou. robinpatrick
robinpatrick

Postby matt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi robinpatrick,
I don't work for the BBC so don't have any influence on when or where programmes are broadcast I'm afraid.

The BBC probably don't have the online rights they need to make this available on iPlayer.

It looks like the DVD is available from Amazon for £3.99 though if you want to buy it :)
matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby robinpatrick » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 am

Thanks Matt :D But I think I've found on a torrent site, but if It doesn't work, (do they ever!!) I will get it from Amazon - well worth paying a bit for it, brilliantly done. Again, thanks
robinpatrick

Postby diagobd2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:21 am

As far as I can tell there are no plans at the moment for this to be broadcast on any of the BBC channels apart from BBC HD. Episode 2 will be broadcast on BBC HD next Sunday.

Return to Help!