Panasonic TV I-player ceased working

Panasonic TV I-player ceased working

Postby ragiregdub » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi all, I have a Panasonic TX-P46G15 tv which up to last week has accessed the BBC i-player just fine. Last week I got error messages from the site saying 'sorry, unavailable, try again later'. Now I get to the 'press red button' message and after pressing, a blank screen and no programme menu.
Same is happening with my Humax Foxsat-HDR box.
I can access ITV player just fine from the Humax box.
Any ideas please? Is this the 'update' from BBC causing this?
Thanks.
ragiregdub

Re: Panasonic TV I-player ceased working

Postby Chris10001 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:11 pm

I'm afraid I can't help you fix your problem but I seem to be having same issue with Humax Foxsat HDR box. Never had problems in the past with iPlayer but this week I've just been getting a blank screen after pressing the red button. ITV Player works OK.
Really hope this is not an issue with the new iPlayer release (or if it is that BBC fix it). I note that on the BBC website compatibility listing it does not list Humax Foxsat HDR as supported (even though Humax was one of the first to provide it!).
Chris10001

Postby Chris10001 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:37 am

Hi,
Can't offer a solution but can confirm you are not alone with the iPlayer issue on a Humax Foxsat HDR. I've had no problem using iPlayer via an HDR since 2011 but last week it's shown the same problem - indicates a connection but when you hit the red button you just get a blank screen. Will not work using channel 901 or the red button (both used to work fine). No problem with ITVplayer so I don't think its web or router related.

My suspicion (fear) is BBC has done something in the new version of its iPlayer software. I've contacted BBC via the help pages but so far just the automated response - can't find anything on the iPlayer help pages that throws any light on it. Any informed comment welcome
Chris10001

Postby Chris10001 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 pm

I had a response from BBC support today. It says they were aware of a problem accessing iPlayer on Humax Foxsat boxes and have been working on a fix, that is now implemented. I had also, in the meantime, run a retune of the Freesat stations as I had come across a post on another forum suggesting this as a potential fix. So far, iPlayer seems to be loading OK. Hope its resolved.
Chris10001

Postby ragiregdub » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:23 am

Hi All,

Thanks to those who responded.
I too sent a missive to the BBC, and whatever was the problem appears to have, by magic, been resolved, all now OK with the TV and Foxsat.
All the best.
ragiregdub

Return to On an Internet TV/Blu-ray Player etc.