Media selection request failed

Media selection request failed

Postby circusskillz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Dont know if anyone can help? I have tried searching google in vain to help me try and fix this problem but to no avail. It was ok couple of days ago as I was watching Ratatouille on my pc using latest firefox but this weekend I keep getting the Media selection request failed after I have clicked the iplayer pink play box on every piece of content on the iplayer site. I have tried IE but then I have loading issues but I prefer firefox and wish it to be sorted. My only thoughts are somehow I may of blocked access either by my windows defender or av software but I usually have to authorise everything and it never appeared after watching Ratatouille!!
circusskillz

Re: Media selection request failed

Postby matt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi circusskillz,
Did IE come back with the same error?

Do other sites like 4oD and ITV Player work properly?
matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby circusskillz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Every media site including 4od and ITV player work ok

IE returns with the same error.

Which makes me think somehow I have blocked access but I wouldnt know how I have done so :(
circusskillz

Postby matt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 pm

You could try temporarily disabling Windows Defender and your AV and see if that makes a difference. Make sure you remember to turn them back on afterwards though.

Can you still successfully download from iPlayer?
matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby circusskillz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:44 pm

However this happened I do not know but after trying my laptop to see if it had same problems ( i only use my laptop as a backup ) i had to update flash. Fair enough I dont browse on it much anyway so after I upgraded to 11 on my laptop it worked! So i went ahead and tried on my PC version 11 and ( for ) now it works. As it through up the media selection....... I never thought updating Flash would be the issue as usually it says you require xx.xx.xx version and I was running 10 unaware 11 was available. Hope this can continue to help others who may have the same issue I did and not ruin their sunday night as it has mine ;)
circusskillz

Postby matt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 pm

The BBC might have upgraded the embedded player over the last few days which might run on a newer version of Flash but as you said, you would usually be told that Flash needed upgrading rather than getting an error.

Gald you've got it working again :)
matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby circusskillz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Not the only one, and thank you for your replies
circusskillz

Return to On a Computer